When training qualified specialists who are in demand on the labor market, the interests of the employer should be considered, first of all. The realization of these interests, the joint solution of the issues of training young specialists is possible only within the help of social partnership.
Pavlodar Higher Medical College is closely correlated with practical health care. The college administration systematically works to expand the bases of practice and form a system of social partnership.
Main purposes of social partnership are:
– providing the developing labor market with necessary personnel of the required specialties, taking into account main trends in the strategic development of healthcare in the region;
– ensuring a balance of supply and demand for middle-level medical personnel;
– receiving feedback from the employer;
– increasing the competitiveness of graduates of an educational institution;
– fast adaptation of students to the labor market.
Main directions are:
– participation of employers in the assessment of content, organization and quality of the educational process;
– participation in the development and review of educational and methodological documentation;
– practical training of students in real workplaces during industrial training and pre-diploma practice;
– determination of the correspondence of the given competences to the types of professional activities in the specialty performed by students at workplaces during practice;
– involment of practical healthcare specialists to hold training sessions and consultations for students and listeners;
– participation of employers in the state final certification of graduates;
– participation of representatives of employers in scientific and practical conferences, seminars, master classes, competitions, etc .;
– employment of graduates;
– receiving the feedback from employers (through a questionnaire procedure) on the level of formation of professional competencies with the aim of subsequent adjustment and improvement of educational programs.
For the purpose of high-quality training of specialists, agreements on mutual cooperation have been concluded between the medical college and medical (pharmacy) organizations of the city and region. As clinical bases of the Pavlodar Medical College, 42 medical, preventive and pharmacy organizations have been identified, tripartite agreements have been concluded with 31 medical organizations within the framework of the introduction of dual training.
According to the contracts concluded, medical, obstetric, pharmacy organizations, institutions and enterprises of the city of Pavlodar and the region are used for practical training, training cycles in the workplace and field postgraduate training cycles. They provide offices and laboratories with equipment, functional beds, couches, instruments, dressings and other medical products.
Currently, 10 offices are deployed in medical and preventive organizations of the region and the city:
– Regional Clinical Hospital named after G. Sultanov,
– Regional Children’s Hospital,
– Regional Cardiological Center,
– Regional Oncological Dispensary,
– Regional Clinical Hospital named after G. Sultanov, Perinatal Center,
– City Hospital No. 1 of Pavlodar
– City Hospital No. 3 of Pavlodar
The subject of cooperation agreements concluded by the college is joint work in the field of scientific and methodological activities, career guidance work, the provision of mutual services, the organization of practical training for college students in order to master all types of professional activities in specialties, the formation of general and professional competencies of healthcare professionals.
Highly qualified, competent specialists in practical healthcare are constantly involved in holding training sessions for students and trainees of the Additional Education and Simulation Training Center as well as in leading professional practitioners. The Continuing Education and Simulation Training Center of the college held trainings for mentors-tutors of clinical bases according to a program developed jointly with Finnish experts in 2 stages on a government order. From 2016 to 2019, 85 mentors were trained. The college pays mentors for methodological guidance.
The obligatory participation of chief medical officers, heads of departments and chief nurses in assessing the knowledge, skills and abilities of students in the defense of pre-diploma practices, defense of diploma theses, and the conduct of the final State certification has come into practice.
Some practicing doctors and nurses participate in reviewing programs, textbooks, manuals and other educational and methodological material. They take part in such educational activities as competitions, meetings, class hours and round table discussions.
Annually, students of graduate groups are provided with information about vacancies. It has become a tradition to hold a Job Fair, where graduates meet with chief medical doctors, chief nurses of medical organizations.
The college introduced the pre-diploma practice on the basis of an application and a petition from a medical organization for the need for personnel with the subsequent compulsory employment of a graduate.
Coverage of undergraduate single-field practice
This form of pre-diploma practice allows graduates to get acquainted in advance with the team, with their future place of work, will soften the period of adaptation to the workplace, and on the part of the medical organization it will increase the interest in high-quality training of their future employee.
Representatives of practical healthcare are invited to participate in the annual competitions among students in the specialties “Best in Profession” as members of the jury. Together with mentors, a 3rd year student A. Serikbolova was prepared for the Republican Championship “Worldskills Kazakhstan 2019”, where she took 2nd place.
Together with the Public Association “Association of medical workers” Salamatty Pavlodar “of Pavlodar region and the regional council of nurses, college teachers develop and improve technological standards for manipulation techniques, take part in the qualifying and final rounds of regional professional competitions among medical workers of medical organizations of the city and region.
On topical issues of medicine, such as the prevention of HIV / AIDS, arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, drug addiction, tuberculosis, etc. seminars, round table discussions and meetings were held.
College students are also involved in providing nursing care for the sick and the elderly at the House of Mercy, Palliative Care Hospital, Samal Rehabilitation Center, where they learn to show kindness, mercy and compassion to those in need. They take an active part in holding the Donor Day, in various regional and city-wide campaigns: “Measure your blood pressure”, “Hurry to do good”, “Caring”, “Veteran lives nearby”, “Your principle”, “I saved my life today” , as well as in the life of medical and preventive organizations: in improvement events, festive concerts, competitions, etc.
College teachers take part in cooperation with foreign educational and healthcare institutions. Cooperation consists in participation in international congresses, conventions, conferences, in the exchange of experience on topical problems of education and healthcare, in the use of pedagogical innovations and the introduction of new technologies in the educational process.
In order to exchange experience and develop international cooperation, the college signed Memorandums of Cooperation: the educational institution “Gomel State Medical College”, the Republic of Belarus, and the State Autonomous Educational Institution of Secondary Professional Education. Kazan Medical College, Russian Federation; Karaganda Medical University, State Educational Institution “Republican Medical College”, Tajikistan, “Medical and Social College of Dushanbe”, LLC, Budgetary educational institution of the Omsk region “Medical College”, Russia, Innovative Eurasian University, Pavlodar.
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 9 people studied at the expense of enterprises: in “Nursing”: PSE on the REM “Polyclinic No. 4 of Pavlodar – 1, PSE on the REM” Polyclinic of Pavlodar region “- 1, PSE on the REM” Hospice of Pavlodar oblast “-1, PCSE ” Pavlodar regional anti-tuberculosis dispensary “-2, LLP” Policlinika №1 “- 2, specialty” Pharmacy “: LLP” Format.KZ “- 1, Employment Center of Pavlodar region -1.
In the 2020-2021 academic years, 12 people will study at the expense of enterprises: in “Dentistry” – the State Institution “Department of Employment and Social Programs of Pavlodar Region” – 1, in “Nursing”: LLP Pavlodar Railway Hospital – 1, LLP “Poliklinika No. 1 “- 3, PSE on REM” Pavlodar Regional Oncological Dispensary “-5. North Caspian Operating Company NV – 1, in “Pharmacy”: PA “Pavlodar Regional Society of Germans” Vozrozhdeniye”- 1.
A survey of employers on the satisfaction of employers with the quality of training of graduates is carried out annually. The analysis of the questionnaires shows that during the prediploma practice, students deepen their theoretical knowledge, improve their communication skills, and gain experience in working with medical documentation. Students are disciplined, executive, take an active part in sanitary and educational work, public life of a medical organization.
When assessing skills, the student’s organization, the correctness of the standard of medical manipulations, knowledge of safety rules, the ability to use medical instruments and devices are assessed.
The college takes part in the implementation of the project “Development and implementation of a new model of nursing service in practical healthcare organizations – clinical bases of higher medical colleges of the Republic of Kazakhstan.” 28 medical organizations of the country have been identified as pilot ones, including four organizations of our region: PSE on the REM “Pavlodar Regional Hospital named after G. Sultanov”, PSE on the REM “Pavlodar Regional Children’s Hospital”, PSE on the REM “Pavlodar Regional Perinatal Center” and PSE on the REM “Polyclinic №4 of Pavlodar”. This project is aimed at bridging the gaps between the global good nursing practice and the state of nursing in the country and involves changing the organizational structure and staffing, working hours of nurses, introducing new positions of clinical bachelor nurses with the definition of a new salary rate, and developing nursing documentation. Within the framework of this project, college teachers and chief nurses of pilot medical organizations took part in international seminars, master classes conducted by foreign colleagues on the choice of the model, organizational structure of the nursing service and delegation of authority from the doctor to the nurses.
Therefore in the college:
– the chosen policy and development priorities allow the college to take a certain place in the field of healthcare and education and successfully promote the goals and objectives of training specialists that meet the requirements of the labor market.
– the expansion of social partnership, the formation of stable relationships with medical organizations contribute to the training of competitive specialists and are a decisive part of the quality assurance system for training specialists.
– the number of medical bases assigned to the medical college corresponds to the profiles of professional training; the labor market is regularly monitored for the demand for graduates;
– an effective system of assessment of students’ practical knowledge and skills is used;
– employers are satisfied with the quality of student training.
All these activities make it possible to deepen the knowledge gained by students in the process of theoretical education, to form the necessary skills and abilities in the specialty, to acquire organizational skills in the work collective in accordance with the requirements of qualification characteristics. Without combining the efforts of an educational institution and treatment-and-prophylactic institutions, social partnership in the field of medicine, it is impossible to effectively work to improve the training systems for mid-level medical workers.